- African Legends: African Legends is a five-reel, 243 ways to win online slot featuring Rolling Reels™ with multiplier trail, free spins, Wild Blast™ and the Wow Major, the Major tier of the progressive WowPot jackpot. Developed exclusively for Microgaming by Slingshot Studios, African Legends takes players on an unforgettable safari and an unmistakably African adventure packed with possibility and huge win potential.
- BeGambleAware: GambleAware is the leading charity in the UK committed to reducing gambling-related harms. As an independent national charity funded by donations from the gambling industry, GambleAware funds education, prevention and treatment services and commissions research to broaden public understanding of gambling-related harm. The aim is to stop people getting into problems with their gambling and ensure that those that do develop problems receive fast and effective treatment and support.
- Bet/wager: The amount of money a player bets on each spin. This amount is immediately deducted from their online casino account.
- Book of Atem: WowPot: A progressive slot title featuring the WowPot jackpot, developed exclusively for Microgaming by All41 Studios™. Set in ancient Egypt, Book of Atem: WowPot is a high volatility, 5x3 reel set video slot game with 10 paylines. The game features free spins with an expanding symbol and plays to the WowPot jackpot.
- Bi-directional paylines/Pays both ways: Fixed paylines in a slot game that pay both left to right and right to left. This feature can be seen in Atlantean Treasures™: Mega Moolah featuring the Mega Moolah jackpot and developed exclusively Microgaming by Neon Valley Studios™.
- Default bet: The default wager that is set when a game is opened. Players may change this amount before they begin play within the limits of the specific game.
- Deposit limits: A limit on the amount of money a player can deposit into their online casino account. This responsible gambling tool may be discretionary or imposed in certain jurisdictions.
- Expanding symbols: A feature in our Book of Atem: WowPot slot game. When certain symbols land on the reels, they may expand to fill the entire reel height.
- Feature: A unique game component sometimes referring to free spins, wild reels, re-spins, etc.
- Free spins: A bonus feature in some slot games where a certain amount of free spins are awarded when the player triggers this condition (often by landing a certain amount of scatter symbols or via symbol collection).
- GamCare: GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling. They operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for problem gamblers and their families, create awareness about responsible gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to responsible gambling within the gambling industry.
- Giant symbols: Giant symbols appear in the game Wheel of Wishes. During the Power Spins feature, reels one and five transform into identical high-paying stacked symbols, whilst the middle three-by-three grid spins together to form one giant symbol offering players the possibility of landing a full matching reel-set or entrance to the jackpot bonus wheel.
- Jumbo blocks: Jumbo blocks feature as a giant three-by-four symbol in the game Sisters of Oz™: WowPot. Randomly on a base game spin, the centre three reels will synchronise and spin together. All high symbols will spin past as three-by-four jumbo blocks with low symbols and the Book symbol landing as one-by-one symbols on reels one and five. Synchronised reels land first, followed by reel one and then reel five.
- Microgaming: The creator of the WowPot jackpot. Microgaming supplies online gaming operators in markets across the world with access to an industry-leading portfolio of exclusive studio content and top-performing partner games, all through a single integration with its award-winning platform. Responsible for creating the world’s first true online casino software in 1994, and home to legendary online slots such as Immortal Romance, Thunderstruck II and Book of Oz, Microgaming offers a branded range that includes Game of Thrones™, Jurassic World™ and Lara Croft® Temples and Tombs™. Microgaming’s renowned progressive jackpot network has paid out more than €1.2 billion to date and features the iconic Mega Moolah slot and the WowPot jackpot. Driven by a diverse and inclusive workforce that thrives on innovation, the Isle of Man-based supplier empowers its employees to be agile and adventurous, drawing on boundless creativity to compete on a global scale. And through its staff-led CSR programme, Microgaming PlayItForward, it gives back to communities worldwide, powering positive change for people, place and planet.
- Multiplier trail: A common feature in games utilising Rolling Reels™ like Microgaming’s Absolootly Mad™: Mega Moolah, developed by Triple Edge Studios. The multiplier trail increases on each successive win, e.g. from 2x to 3x to increase win potential.
- Online casino: A website wherein players can wager and play casino and other games for real money.
- Payline: Some slot games utilise ‘paylines’, which are designated routes that matching symbols need to land on in order to payout winning combinations.
- Paytable: Table showing the values of winning combinations in each slot game.
- Power Mode: This is a feature with the Wheel of Wishes game. Power Mode is enabled via a side bet and permanently enables the game’s Power Spins feature, increasing the chance of triggering the jackpot bonus.
- Power Spins: Power Spins are a feature within the game Wheel of Wishes. This feature is triggered when two scatter symbols land anywhere along the reels in the base game. Giant high and bonus wheel symbols spin while reels one and five turn into a random high symbol. Landing a full bonus wheel symbol between reels one and five triggers the Wheel of Wishes Jackpot Bonus.
- Progressive jackpot: A jackpot that increases each time a game is played. Often part of a progressive network of games, a portion of every bet contributes to the growing, pooled jackpot.
- Progressive jackpot network: Games attached to Microgaming’s progressive jackpot network are distributed and made available to players via their favourite online casinos. Microgaming’s progressive jackpot network includes the iconic Mega Moolah jackpot, WowPot and Major Millions, among others. Since its inception, Microgaming’s progressive jackpot network has awarded over €1.2 billion in jackpot payouts.
- Progressive jackpot slot: A slot title featuring a progressive jackpot, often times linked to a progressive network of games.
- Random number generator (RNG): A device that generates a sequence of numbers that cannot be reasonably predicted. All online casinos utilise RNG to ensure fairness.
- Reality check: A responsible gambling tool and a necessary gameplay component in a regulated market. The aim is to habitually remind players how much they have won/lost and how long they have been playing.
- Reels/Reelset/Spinning reels: In a slot game, the reels are the spaces that the symbols land on when played. Reels are often referred to as five-reel (meaning there are five individual reels or columns) or as NxN (reels in a five-by-three arrangement have five columns by three rows).
- Re-spin: A re-spin in a slot game is often an extra spin given on one wager. Trigger conditions differ but are often brought on by landing a certain symbol or combination of symbols. This feature can be seen in Atlantean Treasures™: Mega Moolah featuring the Mega Moolah jackpot and developed exclusively by Microgaming Neon Valley Studios™.
- Responsible gambling or responsible gaming: Responsible gambling is about exercising control in your playing. Gambling should be fun and enjoyable: it should remain affordable and exist in balance with other activities and responsibilities. Gambling should never be viewed as a viable way to make money. There is no such thing as a ‘sure bet’. The gambling industry has introduced sets of tools and initiatives to promote safe and responsible game play, educate members of the public to the harms of gambling, conduct research to better understand gambling habits and treat those individuals that may suffer from gambling related harms. For more information, please visit https://www.gamcare.org.uk/ and https://www.begambleaware.org/.
- Return to player (RTP): The percentage that represents the theoretical amount returned to a player. If RTP is 95% and the player gambles £100, in theory, they would win back £95. This number exists as a guideline, players are urged to never gamble more than they can afford to lose.
- Rolling Reels™: A patented Microgaming feature within certain slot games. When a winning combination lands on the reels, the winning symbols will blast away as new symbols 'roll' down in hopes to land more winning combinations on the same, singular bet. Rolling Reels™ are often accompanied by some type of modifier trail which gives extra rewards for consecutive wins. This may be in the form of multipliers, extra wilds and reel expansions. This feature can be seen in Absolootly Mad™: Mega Moolah featuring the Mega Moolah jackpot and developed exclusively by Triple Edge Studios.
- Special symbol: A symbol which performs a special role in a slot game. Landing a designated number of them may trigger special features such as free spins or a bonus, or award a cash prize.
- Self-exclusion: Self-exclusion allows gamblers to exclude themselves from accessing gambling premises or websites for a designated period of time. Players can self-exclude directly with their casino provider for a term usually between six and twelve months, but can do so for up to five years for online gambling. Other multiple-operator self-exclusion schemes also exist. Further information can be found via begambleaware.org.
- Side bet: A bet above a player's initial wager. A side bet may enable extra features and triggers in slot play but does not increase the value for winning symbols. Side bet amounts are set within each individual game and often represent a percentage of a player’s wager.
- Sisters of Oz™: WowPot: Sisters of Oz™: WowPot is a 20 payline slot developed exclusively for Microgaming by Triple Edge Studios. The game brews wicked potions with the four sisters of Oz and features synchronized reels, jumbo blocks and the massive WowPot jackpot.
- Slot game: A type of casino game in which an RNG is employed to create a game of chance for players. Its standard layout features a screen displaying three or more reels that ‘spin’ when the game is activated.
- Spend limits: Spend limits are a responsible gambling tool employed by many online operators. Players can choose to impose daily or weekly spend limits to monitor and take charge of their gambling habits.
- Stacked symbols/Stacked wilds: Symbols in slot games that are stacked on the reels, meaning they can fill a certain number of places on the reel. Stacked symbols can appear from two high to the entire reel height.
- Symbols: Icons in online slot games. These are usually split between low paying symbols (often, but not always, 10-A) and high paying symbols (often represented as graphics related to the game's theme).
- Symbol collection/ Token collection: In slot games, players may 'collect' a certain symbol or overlay coins/tokens to activate a feature or enhanced gameplay. Often, symbol collections can lead to free spins, entry to a jackpot bonus or a game upgrade.
- Synchronised reels: Synchronised reels is a feature in Sisters of Oz™: WowPot. Randomly on a base game spin, the centre three reels will synchronise and spin together. All high symbols will spin past as three-by-four jumbo blocks with low symbols and the book landing as one-by-one symbols on reels one and five. Synchronised reels land first, followed by reel one and then reel five.
- Time-outs: Time-outs are a responsible gambling tool employed by many online casinos. Players choosing to utilise the tool can contact their casino and request a time-out for a period of 24 hours or more. During the time-out, players will not have access to their account for betting or gaming. To find out more about time-outs, contact your preferred online casino.
- Total hit frequency: The percentage that represents the theoretical amount of winning spins.
- Trigger conditions: The conditions in which a certain feature is enabled. This may be random, by landing a certain symbol combination or by placing a side bet.
- Volatility: This refers to the rate of wins/level of payout in each game. Low volatility is frequent wins with smaller payouts, whilst high volatility is fewer wins with higher payouts.
- Ways to win: Unlike slot games utilising paylines, 'ways' games require players to land matching symbols on consecutive reels instead of along designated routes or lines. Absolootly Mad™: Mega Moolah featuring the Mega Moolah jackpot and developed by Triple Edge Studios is a 243 ways to win game.
- Wheel of Wishes: Wheel of Wishes is a slot game featuring the WowPot jackpot and was developed exclusively for Microgaming by Alchemy Gaming. The game opens on the sands of Arabia and features Power Spins, Power Mode and incredible win potential.
- Wilds: Wilds are often utilised as symbols in slot games. Wilds function in many ways but are often used to substitute for normal symbols to form winning combinations. In Book of Atem: WowPot, the wild symbol is also the scatter symbol and WowPot bonus trigger.
- Wild Blast™: Wild Blast™ is a game feature in African Legends. Wild Blast triggers randomly in the base game, turning up to five grid positions wild.
- Wow Major: The Major tier of the WowPot jackpot featured in African Legends. Players achieving eight or more consecutive rolls via Rolling Reels™ wins are awarded the Major tier of the WowPot jackpot.